Sooo…the problem with procrastination is, that by the time you FINALLY go to get your Christmas tree, all they have left are these:
So at first, I berated myself quite sharply for delaying so long to get a tree that I’d be stuck with a midget tabletop tree instead of one of the majestically large ones that barely fit through the front door.
Then I started thinking about all the pros that come along with a smaller tree:
- I can literally carry this tree from the back seat of my car up to my living room with one hand.
- No crazy knots and strap downs required! It fits right in the back seat. It even fit quite snugly into the shopping cart!
- It will pretty much fit completely inside my yard waste container.
- There are only so many needles that can fall from it.
- ONE string of lights. ‘Nuff said.
- A smaller tree just makes all the presents look that much more impressive!
So, The Kid and I executed Mission: Tiny Tree this afternoon.
He’s quite proud of the fact that even though the tree is on a table, he’s still taller.
I feel like we’re now properly Christmasified. Bring it!