Interesting topic from the other day (thank you Siv)…things I don’t like. Or, more accurately, things I hate.
I do try to teach the Kid that we don’t HATE things, we just…strongly dislike them. But honestly, there are some really weird things that bug me.
So I thought I’d post about it. Of course I chose the number 47 because, as you might remember from my 50 Weird Things blog, that’s the number I choose when I don’t already have one handy. Who knows? I might just follow this one up with a list of things that I really really really like.
As an aside, I am feeling okay about the fact that it took me like two months to come up with this whole list. So at least I wasn’t able to just spout these off the top of my head like a bitter, bitter jerk.
47 Things That Really Really Really Really Bug Me
- Most vegetables that are green and begin with the letters A or Z. Asparagus, artichokes, zucchini…ugh.
- When people or companies replace “C” with “K”. I’m looking at you, Krispy Kreme.
- When people misuse words – here I’m thinking specifically of your vs you’re. Specifically, and most heinously, in commercial uses or in the news. There’s just no excuse.
- Hot air in my face, like from a car heater.
- Close-talkers, mouth breathers and spitters.
- Anyone that invades my space-bubble, really.
- Improper use of quotation marks.
- When the barista makes my drink wrong.
- Repetitive noises. Hello, alarm clocks, “your door is ajar” bells, and smoke alarms.
- Body odor.
- The sound people make when they chew with their mouths open. Seriously, ugh.
- Or even worse: talking with your mouth full. I really, really, really don’t want to see your food.
- Cinnamon flavored gum.
- Having a piece of popcorn (you know, that curved shell of the kernel that slides perfectly right in the gap??) stuck between my teeth.
- Things under the skin or making holes in skin or anything to do with gross stuff and skin. Seriously. Total creeps AND nightmares.
- Or worse yet, at the very back of my throat.
- People’s reactions when I say I don’t like seafood.
- People’s reactions when I say I like ketchup on my steak.
- The word “moist”.
- Tailgaters. MOST especially when I’m at or over the speed limit and not even in the left hand lane.
- Guys that wear way too much cologne.
- Running out of printer paper in the middle of a large print job.
- Forgetting to save.
- Public arguments. Whether it’s me or someone else, I cringe.
- Idiots that wear their pants around their knees. Honestly. I don’t want to see your stupid underwear.
- Losing my keys. This happens All. The. Time. OMG.
- Strangers asking me, “What are you reading?”
- Sitting in the middle seat on an airplane.
- Women who talk on the phone. In the bathroom. With or without speakerphone, but just guess which one is worse.
- People that cut in line. Especially at Starbucks.
- This also goes for those that ignore the “this lane is ending” signs until the very last second and then cut over.
- Repeating myself.
- When iPhoto mistakes me for my dad’s girlfriend.
- When a picture looks fine on my phone but all blurry when I upload it. Moment’s GONE!
- Paying bills.
- Waiting for the next book in the series to be released.
- Being interrupted.
- Solicitors. Phone, email, at my front door (the worst).
- When someone tries to shame me into trying new food. I don’t want to!
- Losing things.
- Fitness freaks that want me to also be a fitness freak. Not going to happen. Seriously. Quit it.
- Being disappointed. 😦